You might find that your business is quiet or that it is a busy period during the festive season.
During this time of the year it is important to share a few guidelines:
- Trucks that stand still pose a higher risk of being stolen; therefore it is recommended that you put the necessary security in place to safe guard your assets against theft.
- Fuel theft is more likely to happen when trucks are standing still, we advise that you leave fuel in the tank, at the bear minimum.
- Roads are very busy and the risk of accidents are generally higher. It is recommended that driver behaviour is monitored closely.
- Consider having two drivers per truck to avoid driver fatigue and perhaps contact drivers regularly to get an update on how they are doing on the road.
- Make sure that Globaltrack is on your insurance policy. It is vital to update the insurance policy, to ensure that all vehicles are covered and that the insurance company is aware of your tracking company.
- Communicate to drivers to rather reduce to a lower gear, and to take into account wet weather conditions that is expected over the holidays.
- One can expect road blocks on the roads. Drivers can avoid fines by ensuring that their driver’s license, passport, international driver ID permits are with them, and that the weight of the cargo is correctly loaded onto the axle.
- Drivers should stay hydrated and take regular breaks if required.
- A call-out fee can be avoided if drivers regularly check oil and water levels and to make sure that spare tyres are in a good condition.
- Consider looking for alternative routes to avoid traffic on the national highways and to get to the destination faster and safer. If your trucks are travelling in South Africa, Live Traffic allows you to monitor the status of traffic.
You can set up geofences on our fleet management system; Webtrack. This feature can alert you when vehicles enter or exit as specific area, depending on how you set it up.
The driver performance report makes provision for daily checks such as oil and water and will offer you a tool for measuring the daily and weekly driver KPI’s.
Globaltrack’s maintenance tool is a fully automated, alerting you based on time and/or mileage when assets are due for maintenance.
Manage your assets effectively from your mobile phone. Our mobile app is available on Google Play Store and the App Store. This will help you to efficiently monitor your fleet, and because Webtrack is web-based, you can monitor your fleet from anywhere in the world.
There is a daily report that you can pull out that shows the amount of fuel left in the truck’s tanks. Monitor the fuel levels of your fleet and approve fillings if required, all from the convenience of your mobile phone.
Rest assured that your fleet is in good hands, and that your business is our priority.
Please take note that our office will not close during the holiday. For any inquiries relating to your fleet, please e-mail or contact our Support team on the contact details below:
Office hours: +27 (0)11 262 6545
24h hotline: +27 (0)11 022 8770
One of the real joys during this festive season is the opportunity to say thank you, and to wish you the very best for the New Year!