Bedfordview – N12: Westbound (slow moving traffic towards Gilloolys interchange)
Belville – Durban Road on the N1 High Way bridge
Valhalla – Robert Sobukwe road is closed between Valhalla drive and the N2 Highway
Century City – N1: Inbound at N1 Highway
Somerset West – N2: Westbound near Victoria Street
Protest action on the N1 inbound at Sable Road and on Airport Approach Road, Cape Town has been cleared.
There are reports that two trucks are blocking one of the exit roads of Cape Town International Airport.
Protest action – SA Unites
Please note that there is protest action today in the following areas that can affect your day to day operations:
- Cape Town
- Cape Town: 7 April – Parliament from noon
- (Time 12pm) March from Kaizergracht Street to the gates of Parliament.
- (Time 12pm) In front of the Iziko Museum.
- Freeway Bridge Banners: During peak hour traffic on Friday 7th from 06h00 to 08h00 and 16h00 to 18h30. Planned protest every day for the next two weeks.
- Church Square: from 4 April (ongoing 24hrs per day) Various civil society organisations have set up camp at Church Square in Pretoria.
- Time 6h30am) Corner of Beyers Naude and Preller Streets (stationary)
- (Time 7am) Corner of William Nicol and Sandton Drive. (stationary)
- (Time 10am) Westgate Transport Hub ending at Mary Fitzgerald Square.
- (Time 1pm) Sandton Square Mile March – Corner of Grayston and Rivonia.
- Circus site – opposite the old Durban drive-in, on the corner of Sandile Thusi (Argyle) Road and the M4 Ruth First Highway. The march will proceed to Ampitheatre Park along Durban’s North Beach, and back to the gathering point.
- At North Beach in Front of Joe Cools walk to Durban City Hall.
- Sandile Thusi Road (Argyle Road) to Amphitheater at the Beachfront.
- Port Elizabeth
- Vuyisile Mini Square, Port Elizabeth – 13:00
- Mass drive from Pick n Pay Hyper parking lot starting at 8:30am, left into William Moffett, right into Cape Road, Russell Road, Freeway to Walmer Boulevard, Buffelsfontein Road, right into William Moffett again.
- Hoffman Square, Mangaung, 11h30 or Welkom Municipal Offices – 10:00
- North West: Matlosana Stadium – 10:00
- Nelspruit Primary School – 11:00
- Perseverance College, Kimberley – 09:30
- Witfontein Rd & Ct Langenhoven Rd (Blanco)
- Unity Park
- York Str & Albert Str
- York Str & Albertinia Str & CJ Langenhoven
- York Str & Mark Str & St John’s Str
- York Str & Platner Blvd & Union Str
- York & Hope Str
- York Str & Discovery str & P.W.Botha Blvd
- Beach Rd Delville Park & Eden Park Robot
- Beach Rd & Olimpic Str
- Beach Rd & Mission Str
- Nelson Mandela Blvd & Sandkraal Road ( 4 Way Thembalethu)
- Nelson Mandela Blvd & Vuyani Ncamaza Str & Main Str
- Boetas Robot (Borchards)
- Nelson Mandela Blvd & Buitekant Str & Pienaar Str
- Nelson Mandela Blvd & Fabriek Str & Luven Str (Sasol )
- Albert Str & Cradock Str
- Knysna Rd & 3rd Str
- Knysna Rd & 4th Str
- Knysna Rd (Garden root Mall)
- By riverside (entrance to Scottburgh). The march will commence at 10.30, proceed past Blue Marlin, along Scott Street up to the traffic circle and then towards the municipality ending at the flea market site. Should be finished by 12h00.
- DA Makana, together with DASO, will be joining the vigil organized for Friday at Church Square (outside the Cathedral) from 1pm- 2pm.
- PORT ALFRED
- Walk at 11h00 at TBC in Port Alfred
- Gathering at the Memorial Square Knysna 10am – 12 noon
- MOSSEL BAY
- The Town hall at 08:15
- Multiparty Interfaith March at 11h00 at Hexagon, Queenstown
- EAST LONDON
- City Hall, Oxford Street
- Pick ‘n Pay on Samora Machel Road at 11:00 the march will finish at Nelspruit Rugby Club
- The march will begin at Hoffman Square from 11:30
- Gather at the Klerksdorp Recreation Club from 10:00
- EAST LONDON/GREAT KEI
- Crossways Shopping Centre at 13:00, this is a silent protest